10 Fat Burning Workouts to Get Your Heart Racing
Often times when we think about cardio and fat burning workouts, we picture walking or running.
If we want to burn more fat, the better of the two choices is running, as it takes less time to burn more calories.
Let’s be real here: running kinda sucks. And by kinda, I meany really sucks.
Sure, it sounds like a good idea to go for a run until you actually start running… and then you deeply regret it about 2 seconds in.
So I’m going to let you in on a little secret.
There are more effective, not to mention enjoyable, forms of cardio that can burn more fat than running.
10 Fat Burning Workouts More Effective Than Running
The below workouts can all be done from the comfort of your own home. No gym, no worrying about weather, just a room and some comfy clothes and you’re good to go.
As with any workout, some exercises may be difficult or the videos may just be too fast-paced for you to keep up with at first. You needn’t worry. Just follow my simple tips below.
If you’re having difficulty keeping up:
- Pause the video: Yes, you have the power to do this! Take a quick breather and then jump back in. If you continually work at improving your endurance by doing the same video over and over again until you can do it all the way through without breaks, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that! You’re new to this and chasing after your goals, which is all that really matters. You will get there, just give it time (and a lot of hard work!).
- Focus on form over speed: A lot of exercise videos (Tony Horton, I’m talking to you) show the instructors performing exercises at like 5x the normal speed and it gets discouraging. Trying to keep up is literally impossible (at first). When this is the case, take it slow and focus on proper form. If your form isn’t correct, there’s no point in doing the exercise 30 times the wrong way. You won’t see the results and you could risk injury.
- Don’t give up: Remember why you’re working out and don’t forget that. Maybe you’re looking to gain back your confidence or to finally show the world the real you or you’re in need of a healthy lifestyle. Whatever it may be, don’t lose sight of it and give up just because you can’t do a burpee yet or your lungs hurt. No pain, no gain, yo.
Now let’s get to it!
1. 15min Fat Burner | At Home Full Body Workout!!
Although this is only a 15-minute fat burning workout, it will have you gasping for air and burning all over (but in a good way, I promise).
What makes this workout so effective at burning fat is how face-paced it is. Since you’re constantly moving and only taking minimal rests between exercises, your metabolic rate is staying elevated.
The higher your metabolic rate is, the faster you burn calories. That’s why HIIT workouts, like this one, are so popular and effective. Plus, they don’t take much time out of your day, leaving you with no excuse not to fit this great fat burning workout in!
2. BURN FAT With HIIT | Complete Workout
While this workout video is set up a little different than traditional workout videos, Whitney Simmons provides important information on HIIT workouts and shows a sped up version of hers.
This way, you can *somewhat* do it at your own pace, using the video as a guide and to help you with proper form.
With a combination of sprints and squat and lunge variations, your legs will be wobbly but it’ll all be worth it.
3. FAT BURNER WORKOUT | HIIT CARDIO – Skipping
Okay, guys. You’re in for a treat with this HIIT workout of Danni’s. All you need is a jump rope, or just your arms and hands, and you’re good to go.
Skipping, or jump roping, is an excellent form of cardio that can be done anywhere, making it perfect for study breaks, vacations, or just your go-to cardio exercise.
This workout consists of 7 different skipping exercises performed 1 right after another for 30 seconds each. After a 90 second break, perform the circuit 2 more times (with another break in between), and you’re done.
It may not seem challenging, but it definitely is and will have your heart rate way up.
4. 10 min Full Body HIIT Workout – FAT BURNING No Equipment
This quick little 10-minute full body HIIT workout is perfect if you’re short on time but still want to get in a cardio session.
With only 10 different bodyweight exercises at 45 seconds each, you can easily make this into a longer workout to burn more calories by performing more than 1 round (say, 3-4).
5. 10 Minute at Home Fat Burning Circuit
SixPackAbs.com YouTube channel is specifically geared towards men who want to get six-pack abs, but all you ladies shouldn’t let that intimidate you. Six-pack abs are for women, too!
This particular workout isn’t just for abs, but for the whole body to help you burn fat. Although losing fat does help your abs pop. Anywho, this circuit training workout will increase your heart rate and help you burn those calories for fat loss.
6. Full Body Workout Routine | Fat Burning Workout At Home
Here’s yet another great fat burning full body workout routine that can be done anywhere in just 20 minutes.
While this workout is aimed towards beginners, it can be modified for more of a challenge. To do so, focus on form while increasing your number of reps and performing a larger range of motion in the exercises.
7. Weight Training Workout for Weight Loss – Fat Burning Functional Strength Training Workout
The FitnessBlender YouTube channel is run by a husband and wife duo who offer smart, effective workouts for all body types.
With over 500 full length workout videos to choose from, which can all be done from home mind you, there is no excuse not to pull one up and start sweating (just looking at the workout may cause you to sweat).
This fat burning workout in particular is based on weight training, as it’s more effective than cardio alone. Simply put, lifting weight causes an increase in your metabolic rate for up to 38 hours after working out.
So up to 38 hours after you perform this killer fat burning strength training workout, even if you’re just sitting around watching TV, your metabolic rate will be slightly higher than normal, thus causing you to burn more calories. Even if it’s only an extra 10 calories an hour, multiply that by 38 hours and it quickly adds up!
In addition, muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue does, making it a key component to healthy weight loss.
8. Yoga for Weight Loss – 40 Minute Fat Burning Yoga Workout!
If you haven’t heard of Adrienne’s YouTube Channel, Yoga With Adrienne, consider this a favor.
Adrienne is a down to earth, fitness-loving yogi who provides many different yoga workouts for complete beginners to experienced yogis. All of her workouts are fun, enjoyable, can be done from home, and help you find what feels good for you!
All praise aside, this particular fat burning yoga workout is, clearly, 40 minutes long, and will have you sweating like a (downward-facing) dog.
9. This Killer Workout Torches Calories – About 500 in 45 Minutes
If you have 45 minutes to spare, you won’t regret it.
Led by celebrity trainer Jeanette Jenkins, this absolutely INSANE workout can help you burn up to 500 calories, which in case you aren’t aware, is a lot. Like, a lot…. Talk about the ultimate fat burning workout routine, am I right?
To make this intense workout a little less intimidating, there are modifications for every move, giving you no excuse not to try it out!
10. Monster Monday At-Home HIIT Workout: FYR: Hannah Eden’s 30 Day Fitness Plan by RSP
I saved the best (or would this be the worst…?) for last.
Hannah Eden is one badass woman, meaning this 30-minute home HIIT workout is nothing short of killer. She certainly doesn’t hold back in this one.
With a combination of weight lifting, plyometrics (jumping moves), and core work, this is definitely a hardcore full body HIIT workout.
If you’re looking for quite the challenge, this will not disappoint.
Now that you know the type of exercises and workouts are most effective for burning fat, you can start shedding the weight quickly and effectively.
Did you like this post? Don’t forget to share it! 🙂